Art Shanties: Who Had More Fun?
Several things WERE NOT TRUE about the Art Shanty Projects held on White Bear Lake in February this year.
- Children had more fun than adults.
- Adults had more fun than children.
- Dogs would have rather stayed home.
- Artists were tired of the cold.
- People in general did not have a good time.
Several things WERE TRUE about the Art Shanty Projects this year.
- The high was 19 degrees the day these photos were taken.
- The ice was slippery and made walking difficult. Better to slide everywhere.
- The wind slapped and gnawed at any exposed skin.
- Minnesotans are the best versions of themselves in cold weather. They are kind, inviting, and share a little bit of the crazies.
- Dance shanties level the playing field between fun vs. frozen.
To the artists, volunteers, staff members, city people, and anyone else involved in putting on the Art Shanty Project, THANK YOU! It is an absolute treasure to the people that live in the Twin Cities, and for visitors that get to see our enthusiasm for life. Nothing celebrates the North quite like an interactive exploration of ideas and art on ice.