Making Seasonal Progress
They say it's going to get cold again, but I don't care, and I don't really believe them. Sure, it will probably dip into freezing temperatures again, and we might not get 65 degrees until April, but for now, this warm blast of air has been inspiring. Let's pack up the coats and gloves, put away the snow boots, and bring out the tennies and frisbees! This week I accomplished the following with the help of sister, friends, hubs, and dogs:
- discovered new hiking trails
- planted seeds for the garden
- decided to finally repaint the mudroom (lavender! #tbt, if you know what I mean, friends)
- opened the windows of the house
- drank coffee on the stoop
- drank beer on the stoop
- invented a coleslaw recipe from scratch (lots of fresh parsley!)
- turned off the heat in the house
- watched seedlings sprout
- found the most awesome dog park ever in St. Paul
Framing that last one. That dog. How can I not take a photo a day of that face?
Tonight we're grilling and having a good friend over for dinner. Who knows, maybe a backyard bonfire is in our future.